Argentina’s Tremor released Proa about a month ago on Wonderwheel Records. This video accompanies their single “Huella” from the album. Deep bass and subtle albeit complex rhythmic leanings between tribal and IDM lace this dreamy, emotive track. The beautiful video by Ian Kornfield amplifies the athmosphere of the track.
Tremor are part of the electronic cumbia/digital folklore movement of Buenos Aires. Folk music is a fertile ground which still captivates the imagination of a younger generation of musicians as evident in this video. It is also this generation’s remedy seeking belongingness in a global homogenizing era. Daring to dream is the first step.
Find exciting videos at Freegan Kolektiva:
- Calibro 35 – BBQ obscure funk
- Watch Kabanjak’s ‘Rhythm’ music video
- The Garifuna Collective – Mongulu
- 74 Miles Away: Rhodes to the future
- Fulgeance: Sonic and visual meltdown
- Peace & Dub man!
- Batida – Bazuka
- The Black Seeds: “What you give, it’s coming back to you”
- Meditating on violence: Flamingo Bay’s ‘Redd Lake’ video
- Retro-forward: Baloji – ‘Independance’ revisited
- Art Making in timelapse and heavy basslines – The latest videoclip of Salmonella Dub: Untangling
- CHLLNGR’s animated astro-dub elegy
- Digital Dubs – The vicious cycle of destitution in the Favelas of Rio
- Leaving life behind, drawn out by the light