كبة بطاطا بالفرن
potato kibbe in the oven
This unctuous dish has a smooth taste and feeling. It is made of two layers of potatoes with a filling in between. Originally, this filling has meat in it. But here in Freegan Kolektiva we give you a veganised delicious version of it! Enjoy!
- 1.5 kg potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups mince soy
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tablespoons pine nut
- 1/2 cup crushed bread
- black pepper
- 7 spices
- olive oil
– Boil the potatoes in salted water until soft. Then peel them and mash them with a potato masher or a fork. Add salt to taste and 2 pinches of black pepper. Put aside.
– Soak the soy in hot water for 10 min then drain.
– Roast the pine nut on very low fire until they are light gold.
– shop the onions and in a pan sotee them without oil for 5 min. Add the soy, 4 pinches of black pepper, 4 pinches of 7 spices and salt to taste. Cook on medium fire for 10 min. Add the pines when you turn out the fire.
– Preheat the oven on 180 C. Put a bit of olive oil on the surface of an oven dish. Divide the potato puree in two. Spread a layer of potato, then add the filling and spread evenly and add the second layer of potato. In a bowl, mix the crushed bread with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Spread the mix on the surface of the oven dish. Cook for about 30 min, until the crushed bread is light brown.
Serve hot with a green salad